Your baby is growing rapidly! Time flies imperceptibly and the child is already 2 months old. Now the little one begins to recognize his mother, smiling at her appearance in sight. He used to smile, too, but this happened a little differently, unconsciously. Now you can notice that he is smiling at your words or, in your opinion, consciously, joyfully, it is for you, and not just for that. This smile is the first communication of the child with Mom and Dad, now the people closest to him in the world and a clear sign of readiness for dialogue, to the conscious perception and knowledge of the world around him.
At 2 months the child already sees further than the newborn, 3-6 ft, and learns to fix the sight on the most interesting – the face of the mother. First, the baby and the adult establish eye contact. The development of a child at 2 months is more emotional than physical. The kid tries to subordinate his arms and legs, but they move for the most part chaotically.
What can a child at 2 months?
- Improves visual concentration of attention. Now the baby sees much farther than before, at a distance of 50 or more centimeters. He looks interestedly at Mama’s face, looks closely at the moving objects that have fallen into the field of view, and the look is purposeful.
- Being on the stomach, can hold the head until only for a short period of time – 5-10 seconds. He turns his head to the sound.
- Reacts to the appearance in the field of vision of people close to him running-run begins to making noises, actively move legs and handles. Speaks various roulades of vowel sounds.
- He сonsiders objects, located from him no more than 50 centimeters or toys suspended above the bed.
- He likes to suck his fists or fingers when he accidentally bends them.
Sleeping, curiosity and first contact with parents
At the age of 2 months the child sleeps approximately 16-18 hours a day, from them at night can sleep for about 6 hours without waking up. In total, nighttime sleep requires 9 to 10 hours. It is important to remember that the baby’s skull is still very soft at 2 months! Putting the baby to sleep, from time to time change its position in the bed, in order to avoid deforming and improper fusion of the skull bones. Children at two months old can already distinguish between day and night, and therefore sleep at night longer than in the day.
At this stage of development, the infant adapts to the environment. At this age, he had already mastered the first communication skill – a smile. It is different from the grimace that was before. The smile becomes truly radiant, attractive and simply mesmerizing. A crumb gives it to any person talking to him, and, of course, primarily to his parents – mom and dad.
Interesting moment, at 2 months the child will already know by the voice, smell or face of his mother. Nevertheless, continues to study it, watches her look when she moves around the room in which the baby is.
Mom, in turn, increasingly begins to understand his baby, why he cries, what he wants. She distinguishes of the difference is in the behavior: hungry, maybe he felt hot, cold or wet. She learns to understand what the child wants at the moment through his crying, which now changes intonationally, denoting the call or request:
- So that they just come up to him;
- When he is hungry;
- Held it in their arms;
- Take time to play.
Observe the baby, and you will notice that he already knows how to show emotions: he is happy, realizing that the moment of feeding comes, may worry before bathing. Despite the fact that your child is still very young, he is beginning to understand how close people respond to his crying when he wants one or the other.
Development at 2 months
At 2 months the nervous system continues to be actively formed and complicated. The reactivity of congenital reflexes decreases. Your baby constantly fixes the skills of movements, develops coordination, thereby acquiring conditioned reflexes. Increased motor activity requires increased attention of parents, as the lack of supervision can lead to a fall and injury, even if the carapace does not creep too quickly. Do not leave your child alone. The movements of the child have become more purposeful than before, and he really likes to learn his new abilities.
Due to the fact that the child is a significant part of life in the womb of the mother was in a bent state, he will keep the legs and hands for a long time pressed against the body, and the fingers are compressed into fists. From time to time he straightens the legs and pens, stretches, while unclenching the hands. By the end of the second month, the baby will learn how to open the brush and keep it in a relaxed state. The neck muscles also develop. To speed up the process of their development, you should often put the child on his tummy.
Baby care at 2 months
The most important indicator that your baby is absolutely healthy is his light yellowish stool, a slightly sour smell. At this age, the stool is 2 to 4 times a day, and if the child is fed artificially, the feces will be slightly dense. Urination is still frequent, but the child is able to sleep dry and on waking to give a signal to the mother.
Remember that at this age is very tender and sensitive skin, and first of all she can be irritated by feces and urine. Keep track of the state of diapers, do not leave children for a long time in wet clothes. Another important point:
during the diaper change do not forget to wipe the intimate places on the baby’s body with special napkins for children or wash it under the stream of warm water. Napkins should be damp and without any sharp odors.
You ask how often to bathe the baby in 2 months? At this stage of development of children it is better to bathe twice a week, adding a decoction of chamomile or St. John’s wort into the bathing bath. Private use of baby soap or shampoo while bathing the baby will adversely affect the baby’s skin, because it is easily to irritate, the skin is very tender and sensitive. Decoction of chamomile or St. John’s wort has a useful disinfectant and anti-inflammatory effect on the baby’s skin, eliminating the allergic rash and soothing body.
Sometimes on the face of a two-month-old baby you can find red rashes in the form of acne. Do not worry – in this way, the mother hormones that come with breast milk are excreted from the baby. In the event that the rashes do not stop within 4-6 weeks, contact the pediatrician, in order to rule out other reasons. Also, monitor the condition of the scalp. At 2 months it is scaly and has a scaly cover – the so-called gneiss of newborns. This is due to the fact that the baby still has a poorly developed excretory function of sweat and sebaceous glands. Believe me, in children this does not cause any discomfort, and the peeling will gradually disappear with time.
Watch the child’s nails. Now their growth is incredibly fast. Cut child’s nails better in the daytime when the crumb is awake, and not before going to sleep, because the child, who is capricious after cutting his nails, does not fall asleep for a long time. For this procedure you need comfortable, well-cut children’s scissors, which will not cause children strong antipathy in subsequent procedures.
The baby at 2 months grows and develops, therefore its organism has considerably changed in comparison with earlier period. To improve health, continue walking in the fresh air, spending in general from two to four hours a day, all depending on the season.
With proper development and nutrition from the beginning of the second month to the end of the child will grow by 1-2 inch, and in weight will add 1-3 oz.
Salivation in infants at 2 months
Increased salivation in the baby at 2 months may be due to several reasons:
- the beginning of salivary glands functioning;
- after 2 months, the baby begins to pull objects into his mouth, and saliva protects from infection;
- hypersalivation is observed when a rhinitis of allergic origin develops, therefore, if drooling in a 2-month-old baby, and reddening of the eyes, tears, and sneezing are observed, then you should immediately go to see a doctor;
- salivation sometimes accompanies thrush or stomatitis.
Therefore, if a child begins to develop increased salivation, then this is rarely a sign of pathology, and you have to worry only when other symptoms of diseases.
Mode depending on the type of feeding
The regime of a 2-month-old baby on breastfeeding has some differences from the regime of the day at artificial feeding. Its day should pass approximately this way:
- In the morning, at about 6 am, he receives the first feeding and hygiene procedures;
- approximately one and a half to two hours follows a morning sleep (2-3 hours);
- After awakening the baby needs to be fed, put in the form of a column so that he doesn’t regurgitate his food and gather for a walk;
- After this the baby sleeps again (best if it happens in the fresh air);
- Behind 2-3 hours the third feeding is carried out;
- Short sleep;
- The fourth feeding, and after it you can play with the child, using the techniques for its development;
- Short sleep;
- Fifth feeding and bathing, if the temperature in the room allows, you should hold it lightly without clothes for a little (no more than five minutes);
- Short sleep;
- Sixth feeding (about 11-12 pm);
- Night sleep (usually the baby wakes up several times during this time, and it can be fed at that time).